rehearsing in the space!
1. polonius talks, his kids aren’t having it
2. hamlet lurks, ophelia talks to her father
3. A Nice Chat between hamlet and ophelia
4. polonius and claudius hiding with remarkable subtlety
5. gertrude playing at being motherly with ophelia
6. the player queen makes Passionate Action
7. the older generation (minus ghostdad)
8. gertrude and horatio whispering
9. kids react to ghostdads dancing
10. gertrude is very helpful
top: hamfam (gertrude, claudius, hamlet)
middle: ophelia, laertes, polonius
bottom: clown and horatio
two potential looks
Her scarlet skirt hid the purity of her heart. True, she flirted, but it was all a guise. Her innocence was fleshy white, but in his terror to possess her, to break her spirit, he bit into her, his rage covering her screams, and her ribbons fell limply."
from Fruit Series by Opal Palmer Adisa
some gestures, some serenades, and a rare bonus photo of me in the act of directing! this is one of the things i love about theatre, and a great reminder of how much fun it can be.